Man confronting Va. detective with fake gun shot
By Mark Bowes
The Richmond Times Dispatch
RICHMOND, Va. — A man shot by a plainclothes Richmond police detective in Chesterfield County had approached the officer in a “confrontational manner” armed with a box cutter and a cigarette lighter resembling a pistol, authorities said yesterday.
The detective, who was working undercover with the city’s anti-gang unit, identified himself as a police officer and gave Mark Andrew Weaver several commands to stop Saturday, but he wouldn’t comply, said Chesterfield police Capt. Robert Skowron.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man confronting Va. detective with fake gun shot
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house