Fired Wash. cop gets $1.65 mil in settlement
By Hector Castro
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer
VANCOUVER, Wash. — A former Vancouver, Wash., police officer who sued for discrimination after he was fired has reached a $1.65 million settlement with the city.
Attorneys for Navin Sharma, who was fired as a police officer in 2006, believe the amount could set a state record in an employment-related case.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fired Wash. cop gets $1.65 mil in settlement
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms