Atlanta police win $7.5 mil in overtime suit
By Tim Eberly
ATLANTA — It's bonus time for a large group of Atlanta police officers.
The city is on the verge of paying $7.5 million to more than 600 current or former police officers --- a settlement for those who filed a federal lawsuit in 2004, alleging they weren't paid for working overtime.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Atlanta police win $7.5 mil in overtime suit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court