Four Ariz. agencies crack down on gangs
By Nathan Gonzalez
MESA, Ariz. — Despite a recent “surgical” attack on members of the East Valley's 22 identified gangs, Mesa Police Chief George Gascón said authorities will never eradicate the groups at the root of often costly and violent crime.
The chief made the comments Thursday after announcing that gang task force officers arrested 80 suspected gang members during a 10-day crackdown that began Oct. 15. In addition to Mesa, “Operation ‘Can't Miss'” included detectives from Tempe, Scottsdale and Chandler with Maricopa County adult probation, juvenile probation and the juvenile division of the county attorney's office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Four Ariz. agencies crack down on gangs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter