N.J. departments get $47 mil from stimulus
By Leslie Kwoh and Alexi Friedman
NEWARK, N.J. — Police departments throughout New Jersey are getting an additional boost in funds this year as part of the federal stimulus package.
The state's law enforcement agencies are expected to receive a record-high $47.7 million out of $2 billion being distributed nationally, according to the Department of Justice. The money will be carved out of a $787 billion stimulus package President Obama signed into law last month.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.J. departments get $47 mil from stimulus
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court