St. Louis police officer dragged by car thief
By Kim Bell
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
N.C. cop dragged by car, shoots suspect
La. officer dragged by car after traffic stop
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — A car thief trying to escape from police grabbed a police officer's shirt and dragged her for nearly a block last night as the car made its getaway, police say. The man who did it is still on the loose.
The 34-year-old police officer suffered a broken wrist and cuts and bruises to her arms, hands and knees. She was treated at a local hospital and is expected to be okay, said St. Louis Police Department spokeswoman Erica Van Ross.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: St. Louis police officer dragged by car thief
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman