Betsy Brantner Smith discusses reality show, retirement
By Bob Goldsborough
NAPERVILLE, Ill. — Growing up in the 1960s and '70s on a family farm in tiny Lanark, in Illinois' far northwest corner, Betsy Brantner Smith didn't play with Barbie dolls or stuffed animals. Instead, she and her older brother pretended to be TV characters on shows they watched.
"He and I would play 'Combat!' like the TV show starring Vic Morrow," she recalled. "We watched all the cop shows, 'Dragnet,' 'Adam-12,' and 'Police Woman' with Angie Dickinson."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help