Chicago officer shot in the head, critically injured
By Rose Sobol, Tina Sfondeles and Kara Spak
CHICAGO — An on-duty Chicago Police officer was shot in the head and critically wounded in the South Side’s Englewood community early Monday.
The incident happened just after midnight in the 6000 block of South Hermitage Avenue as the officer, who wore plain clothes, was responding to a report of shots fired and a person with a gun, police Supt. Jody Weis said during a news briefing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy