Case of fatal crash involving N.J. trooper goes to jury
By Jacqueline L. Urgo
The Philadelphia Inquirer
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, N.J. — The fate of a New Jersey state trooper charged with vehicular homicide in the 2006 deaths of two Upper Township sisters was placed in the hands of a Cape May County jury yesterday following closing arguments in the seven-week-old trial.
Officer Robert Higbee, 37, of Somers Point, was chasing a speeder when he ran a stop sign at a reported 65 m.p.h. and broadsided a minivan driven by Jacqueline Becker, 17, at the intersection of Stagecoach and Tuckahoe Roads in the Marmora section of Upper Township.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house