Case of fatal crash involving N.J. trooper goes to jury
By Jacqueline L. Urgo
The Philadelphia Inquirer
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, N.J. — The fate of a New Jersey state trooper charged with vehicular homicide in the 2006 deaths of two Upper Township sisters was placed in the hands of a Cape May County jury yesterday following closing arguments in the seven-week-old trial.
Officer Robert Higbee, 37, of Somers Point, was chasing a speeder when he ran a stop sign at a reported 65 m.p.h. and broadsided a minivan driven by Jacqueline Becker, 17, at the intersection of Stagecoach and Tuckahoe Roads in the Marmora section of Upper Township.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help