N.J. trooper thanks cops for support during trial
By Matthew Spolar
The Philadelphia Inquirer
Shortly after Trooper Robert Higbee heard the "not guilty" verdict that ended his vehicular-homicide trial yesterday, he turned around and scanned the crowd behind him.
"Thank you very much," he said to a courtroom packed with law enforcement officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help