Suspects in deadly Philly crash had records, outstanding warrants
By Joseph A. Slobodzian and Michael Matza
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — The young men, stepbrothers, had growing criminal histories and outstanding arrest warrants. Then, in less than 15 minutes, 18-year-old Donta Cradock and Ivan Rodriguez, 20, graduated from stealing a motorcycle at gunpoint to murder in a horrific car crash that stunned a Feltonville block with the split-second end of the lives of a young mother and three children.
Though separated two years ago when Cradock was sent to a juvenile facility in Pittsburgh after an armed holdup in Philadelphia for a pack of beer, they appear to have been reunited - illegally - two months ago when Cradock disappeared April 15 while home on a pass.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house