Aspiring Ga. officers to pay for training, not departments
By Andria Simmons
ALPHARETTA, Ga. — A new public safety institute opening in Alpharetta will transfer the high cost of law enforcement training from police departments to would-be recruits.
The Public Safety Institute at Reinhardt College North Fulton Center is expected to save local police departments thousands of dollars in hiring expenses by producing certified officers who've paid for their own training.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house