Families of slain Pittsburgh officers share $1.5 million
Bjy Bobby Kerlik
Pittsburgh Tribune Review
PITTSBURGH — Families of three slain Pittsburgh police officers will split about $1.5 million raised through T-shirt sales and other donations, police union officials told an Allegheny County judge Monday.
Any money received after Aug. 4 will go to a permanent foundation being established to help families of police, firefighters and paramedics killed in the line of duty, said Officer Dan O'Hara, president of Fraternal Order of Police Fort Pitt Lodge No. 1.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman