New Ill. police station is going green
By Brian Cox
SKOKIE, Ill. — When the $30 million Skokie police station opens next year, it will be one of the most environmentally friendly facilities of its kind in the country, even down to the way lead bullets are removed from the firing range.
Village officials resolved that the new space should include as many environmentally friendly components as possible, said Dane Smith, assistant to the police chief.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New Ill. police station is going green
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court