St. Paul police honor 26 heroes who saved lives
By Anthony Lonetree
Minneapolis Star Tribune
ST. PAUL, Minn. — He had 10 stories to tell, each a detailed account of risks taken by his officers to save lives, and when it came to the ninth, St. Paul Police Chief John Harrington still could only marvel at it all.
The scene was of an accident, the chief recalled Monday, and of an officer, Michael McGinn, who had arrived to find that a car had crashed into a tree, and been torn in two, with a smoking hot engine lying on the driver's chest and head.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: St. Paul police honor 26 heroes who saved lives
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house