Details emerge in Fla. officer's murder
By Keith Morelli and Josh Poltilove
TAMPA, Fla. — Several hours before he was shot to death while on patrol, Tampa Police Department Cpl. Mike Roberts had accepted a job as a detective that would have taken him off patrol duty.
Roberts, an 11-year veteran of the force, was going to be a detective on the department's hit-and-run squad. The move would have taken him off the night shift and off patrol duty.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Details emerge in Fla. officer's murder
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'