Minn. officer shot, killed responding to call
NORTH ST. PAUL, Minn. — Officer Richard Crittenden was about 90 minutes into his shift Monday morning when the call came for him to head to a familiar trouble spot.
Just the day before, police had gone to the same unit at the Aspen Village apartments in North St. Paul for a domestic disturbance. Crittenden, not wanting to take any chances, called for and received backup from an officer in neighboring Maplewood.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. officer shot, killed responding to call
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy