Minn. officer shot, killed responding to call
NORTH ST. PAUL, Minn. — Officer Richard Crittenden was about 90 minutes into his shift Monday morning when the call came for him to head to a familiar trouble spot.
Just the day before, police had gone to the same unit at the Aspen Village apartments in North St. Paul for a domestic disturbance. Crittenden, not wanting to take any chances, called for and received backup from an officer in neighboring Maplewood.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Minn. officer shot, killed responding to call
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help