P1 Photo of the Week: The bear essentials of patrol
In a photo provided by the Unicoi County Sheriff's Department, Sgt. Heather Rheams holds on to a bear bear she helped transport to Johnny Lynch's wildlife sanctuary in Unicoi. The bear had been struck by a vehicle on Interstate 26 between the Flag Pond exit and the North Carolina border, bleeding at the mouth and suffered a concussion.
(AP Photo/Unicoi County Sheriff's Department).
Submitted by: Unicoi County Sheriff's Department
PoliceOne wants to see some pictures of you in action or training. Submit a photo - it could be selected as our Photo of the Week! Be sure to include your name, department information and address (including city, state and ZIP code) where we can reach you - Photo of the Week winners now have a chance to win a PoliceOne.com T-shirt!
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform