Police academies still thriving despite recession
By Joel Currier
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — Chuck DeProw had job offers from the Police Department and the U.S. Steel plant in Granite City.
He chose the higher-paying factory job because he needed the money.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house