Seattle police looking for ties between officer's murder, car arsons
By Steve Miletich and Jennifer Sullivan
SEATTLE — Seattle police are looking for possible ties between Saturday's fatal shooting of veteran Officer Timothy Brenton in the Leschi area and the torching nine days earlier of four police vehicles at a city maintenance yard.
Both were "very well-planned and targeted attacks," police spokesman Sgt. Sean Whitcomb said Monday as officials continued to investigate the shootings of Brenton and officer-trainee Britt Sweeney, who suffered minor injuries.
Police officials said Brenton and Sweeney, who came under fire while sitting in a parked patrol car, didn't appear to be specifically targeted, but were stalked because they were police officers.
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms