N.Y. state trooper killed in crash
CATSKILL, N.Y. — A New York State Trooper was killed in a car accident Wednesday afternoon in the Eastern New York, State Police said. The trooper is a Watertown native.
The crash happened around 2:40pm Wednesday near the intersection of Route 32 and Cairo Junction Road in the Greene County Town of Catskill.
State Police say David Lane, 30, of the Jefferson Co. Town of Dexter, was traveling northbound in his patrol vehicle on State Route 32 in the Town of Catskill, when he attempted to pass another northbound vehicle. The vehicles made contact and Trooper Lane’s vehicle drove off the roadway and struck a telephone pole.
Read full story: Trooper killed in crash from surburban N.Y.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house