Note threatening Seattle officers' lives left at scene of patrol car arson
SEATTLE — A note threatening the lives of police officers was left Oct. 22 at the site where four Seattle police vehicles were set afire — nine days before Saturday night’s fatal shooting of veteran Officer Timothy Brenton, according to sources familiar with both cases.
The arson at a city maintenance yard also involved the use of pipe bombs, in what was a far more sophisticated attack than disclosed previously, the sources said.
Police also are looking for a car, captured on a patrol car’s video camera, that might be linked to the apparently random shooting of Brenton and his partner, who suffered minor injuries.
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman