Wis. police report four shot in domestic incident
MADISON, Wis. — Police in Madison, Wis., say four people, including two children, were shot early Saturday morning in a domestic incident.
Police Sgt. Phil Moore says a 42-year-old woman, 38-year-old man, 7-year-old-boy and 8-year-old girl had "various states" of gunshot wounds and were taken to a local hospital.
Moore says they were beginning to emerge from surgery midday Saturday and some had stabilized. All lived in a duplex, but Moore didn't elaborate on their relationships.
He says police are waiting to speak to the victims later this afternoon.
Moore says one victim ran across the street and called police about 6:20 a.m. By 11 a.m., crime scene tape surrounded the single-story, A-frame duplex as police officers went in and out of the home.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman