Friends, family mourn Pa. officer ambushed by parolee
Penn Hills officer was 'in love with the job'
By Dan Majors
PITTSBURGH — Michael Crawshaw grew up loving his family, his friends and hunting. His love of police work came a little later in life.
"I don't think he grew up necessarily wanting to be a police officer, but he fell in love with the job," his aunt, Pat Schwartzbauer of Franklin Park, said last night. "His first job was behind a desk, and he wasn't satisfied behind a desk."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform