Tenn. captain dies after shootout during robbery
By Nicholas Beadle
HENDERSON, Tenn. — A Henderson police captain shot in an armed robbery on Thursday night died this weekend, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has confirmed.
Capt. Dennis Cagle was shot once in the stomach around 8 p.m. Thursday at a grocery store in Chester County.
Ricky Steward, 48, has been charged with aggravated robbery and attempted first degree murder. He was also shot multiple times in the robbery. He is in critical but stable condition at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital, said John Mehr, TBI special agent in charge.
Read full story: Henderson police officer dies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman