Tenn. police department faces 2010 without academy
By Jacqueline Koch
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — The Chattanooga Police Department didn't hire any new officers in 2009 and, because of city budget constraints, has no plans to do so during fiscal year 2010.
"Money could come from somewhere before the end of the 2009-2010 budget year," police Chief Freeman Cooper said. "But I have no idea where that money might be coming from."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic