Dashcam tapes show horror and chaos of Fla. cop's murder
The footage can only be viewed at the clerk of the circuit court's office
TAMPA, Fla. — You could hear in their voices that this was no ordinary call: A fellow police officer had been shot.
The police cruisers screamed through the Tampa night, hitting speeds as high as 87 mph as they weaved in and out of traffic. Their worst fears were confirmed when they reached Nebraska Avenue and East Arctic Street on Aug. 19: Cpl. Mike Roberts was on the ground, bleeding, his assailant nowhere to be found.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms