Wash. deputy killed in rollover crash
Duty Death: Deputy John Bernard - [Grant County, Washington]
QUINCY, Wash. — A Grant County Sheriff's deputy was killed in a car crash near Quincy Sunday night.
Grant County Emergency Services spokesman Kyle Foreman tells KIRO 7 that Deputy John Bernard was on routine patrol when he was involved in a one-car accident.
The crash happened at SR 283 and Road #5 NW, approximately nine miles south of Ephrata.
52-year-old Deputy Bernard was traveling westbound on Road #5 NW, left the roadway and rolled.
Read full story: Deputy dies in car accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic