Tenn. officers rescue boy from icy pond
By Clay Bailey
The Memphis Commercial Appeal
Bartlett firefighters and police officers scrambled through the frosty backyards along Wolf Shadow and Wolf Pine on Thursday, trying to find the best way to rescue a 10-year-old from beneath the icy pond waters.
Time was of the essence. Depending on reports, the boy had gone through the ice as much as 10 minutes before the distress call went out at 1:03 p.m. The boy was underwater, temperatures were in the mid-20s and rescuers couldn't see him from the bank or a boat they found in an adjacent backyard.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. officers rescue boy from icy pond
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms