Tenn. officer dies two days after wreck
A pick-up truck ran a red light, hitting the officer's car
Duty Death: OfficerJeremy McLaren - [Spring Hill, Tennessee]
SPRING HILL, Tenn. — A 28-year-old Spring Hill police officer died Sunday after being injured in a crash with a pickup truck on Friday, according to Chief John Smith.
Jeremy McLaren was headed back to Spring Hill from the Maury County jail when the driver of a pickup truck apparently ran a red light at Highway 31 and Burt Drive in Columbia around 6:30 p.m. Friday, Smith said.
"The impact was so great that it caused Corporal McLaren's vehicle to leave the roadway and hit a culvert before coming to rest in a parking lot," Smith said.
McLaren underwent surgery on his leg at Vanderbilt University Medical Center but later died from complications.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating the crash. No charges have been filed.
McLaren leaves behind a wife, mother and father.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds