NC officer dies at end of shift, cause unknown
Jefferson officer Thomas Beamer was a 14 year veteran
Duty Death: Officer Thomas Beamer - [Jefferson, North Carolina]
JEFFERSON, N.C. — A patrolman from Ashe County died at the end of his shift, according to WXII12.com.
Patrolman Thomas "Tommy" Andrew Beamer's cause of death has not been released. He had been an officer with the West Jefferson Police Department and was a part-time telecommunicator with the Ashe County Communications Center.
He began his career by joining the WJPD on Oct. 11, 1996.
Read full story: Ashe County officer dies after shift
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help