Wash. officer found dead in patrol car at shooting scene
The officer's identity has not yet been released
Duty Death: Officer Brian Walsh - [Federal Way, Washington]
By PoliceOne Staff
FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — An officer responding to a stolen car call collapsed at the scene and died, according to the Seattle Post Intelligencer.
The officer died while guarding the scene where police had shot and wounded a suspect driving a stolen car hours earlier, according to the Seattle Times.
The suspect had rammed three patrol cars after stealing the vehicle, and responding officers opened fire, hitting the suspect in the arm.
Police began investigating the incident after the shooting, and Federal Way officers set up a perimeter around the crime scene.
At about 6:45 a.m., one of the perimeter officers was found collapsed in his patrol car. Officers and medics started CPR on the officer, but were unable to revive him. A preliminarily investigation shows no sign of foul play.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman