SC officer rescues drowning man
Another officer administered CPR on the scene
By Andy Paras
The Post and Courier
CHARLESTON, S.C. — Scotty Tugya saw the look of horror on the drowning man's face and knew he had to do something.
Tugya was one of four Charleston police officers who stood in a downpour on the bank of a West Ashley pond Sunday afternoon, calling to the unknown man as he paddled helplessly at the water until disappearing beneath the surface.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: SC officer rescues drowning man
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy