Suit claims Texas cop used phone before crash
Sgt. Gabriel Trevino sent a text from his work phone before a crash that killed a woman
San Antonio Express-News
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — The family of a woman killed in an officer-involved crash earlier this month claimed in a wrongful death lawsuit filed Tuesday that former police spokesman Sgt. Gabriel Trevino was using his cell phone at the time of the crash.
According to records obtained from the city, Trevino sent a text from his work phone at 12:12 a.m. and received two messages at 12:14 a.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Suit claims Texas cop used phone before crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend