NJ man arrested for shining laser at helicopter
The National Guard helicopter was patrolling with police
CAMDEN, N.J. — New Jersey Air National Guard helicopter pilots have helped Camden police with day and nighttime patrols for the last eight months or so on a "routine basis," Police Chief Scott Thomson said Tuesday night.
"They can help with lighting up an entire block, whether it's searching for a missing child or a suspect that's just fled from a vehicle," Thomson said. "There's no hiding from that helicopter."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NJ man arrested for shining laser at helicopter
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court