NJ man arrested for shining laser at helicopter
The National Guard helicopter was patrolling with police
CAMDEN, N.J. — New Jersey Air National Guard helicopter pilots have helped Camden police with day and nighttime patrols for the last eight months or so on a "routine basis," Police Chief Scott Thomson said Tuesday night.
"They can help with lighting up an entire block, whether it's searching for a missing child or a suspect that's just fled from a vehicle," Thomson said. "There's no hiding from that helicopter."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NJ man arrested for shining laser at helicopter
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman