Wis. deputy killed by suspected drunk driver
The officer was responding to a call when his squad car collided with a pickup truck
Duty Death: Kory Dahlvig - [Vilas County, Wisconsin]
VILAS COUNTY, Wis. — Forty-nine-year old James Andrew Peontke is in custody following his arrest for homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle following a crash that killed 29-year-old Kory Dahlvig - a Vilas County sheriff's deputy who was responding to a call for mutual aid in Lac du Flambeau early Monday morning.
Details of the accident were not released as of press time, but reports say Dahlvig was responding to a call after midnight Monday when he approached Peontke's vehicle that was parked along Hwy. 47 about one-half mile north of the intersection with Hwy. F in Lac du Flambeau.
Peontke, who was arrested following the accident for intoxicated use of a motor vehicle, was charged Monday morning with homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle following the death of Dahlvig.
Read full story: On-duty sheriff's deputy killed in crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman