Ark. cop shot, recovering at home
Francisco Ortega-Montalvo, suspected to be an illegal immigrant, stands accused of attempted capital murder
By PoliceOne Staff
In a town with a population just over 20,000, located about 45 miles north of Little Rock, an Arkansas cop is “resting safely at home after someone shot at him” while the accused shooter, 30-year-old Francisco Ortega-Montalvo, “sits in the Faulkner County jail accused of the attempted capital murder.”
The incident took place late Monday night, May 10th, according to one report from a local TV news broadcast. Although Ortega-Montalvo reportedly had no known criminal history, Conway Police officer told “FOX16 News” that he is suspected to be an illegal immigrant.
FOX16 Reporter David Goins wrote, “Ortega-Montalvo will have to face charges here in Arkansas and potentially serve time. After all that, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement will take over and deport him back to Mexico. ICE tells FOX16 News it will conduct a follow-up investigation to see if any additional charges will be filed.”
Read more on FOX16.com.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house