Calif. city holds pro-Mehserle rally
By Elisabeth Nardi
Contra Costa Times
Walnut Creek is gearing up for what may be the Bay Area's first pro-Johannes Mehserle rally as interest grows in the demonstration planned for Monday.
Chief Joel Bryden said Walnut Creek police are prepared for the event, dubbed the "In Support of Johannes Mehserle and L.E.O. (law enforcement officers) Rally." It will be held outside Walnut Creek Superior Court, 640 Ygnacio Valley Road, near downtown.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. city holds pro-Mehserle rally
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court