Memphis police, schools blend security efforts
So-called 'hybrid' initiative consists of of 42 MPD officers and 96 security workers
By Jane Roberts
The Memphis Commercial Appeal
Memphis City Schools is no longer interested in running its own police force, praising instead the "hybrid" it has developed with Memphis Police Department.
"Right now, we are working on perfecting this model," said district head of security Gerald Darling.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Memphis police, schools blend security efforts
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house