Calif. cops' website blasts budget cuts
Police officers say city council members have placed too low a priority on public safety
By Elisabeth Nardi
Contra Costa Times
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — A new website backed by Walnut Creek police officers and managers criticizes public safety funding in Walnut Creek, and blasts the city council for cuts to police.
The site, www.thefutureofpublicsafetyinwalnutcreek.com, says police services have been cut too much, and claims current council members have placed too low a priority on public safety.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. cops' website blasts budget cuts
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help