Cold cash, hot crime: Robberies spike during Holidays
Police say they see a spike in bank robberies around the holidays, but there seems to be little agreement as to why
By Lisa Redmond
LOWELL — A plethora of holiday lights and Christmas carols playing nonstop on the radio aren't the only signs of the season. A spike in robberies is another bellwether, local police say.
Every year, police say they see a spike in bank robberies around the holidays, but there seems to be little agreement as to why.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman