Cold cash, hot crime: Robberies spike during Holidays
Police say they see a spike in bank robberies around the holidays, but there seems to be little agreement as to why
By Lisa Redmond
LOWELL — A plethora of holiday lights and Christmas carols playing nonstop on the radio aren't the only signs of the season. A spike in robberies is another bellwether, local police say.
Every year, police say they see a spike in bank robberies around the holidays, but there seems to be little agreement as to why.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help