Cold weather means fewer calls for Texas police
El Paso police find that crimes of opportunity tend to lessen as more people stay home in the cold
By Maggie Ybarra
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — With cold weather keeping people indoors, El Paso police in November responded to the fewest service calls since May.
The reduction in calls comes because of the change in the weather, said police spokesman Darrel Petry. Crimes of opportunity tend to lessen as more people stay home.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cold weather means fewer calls for Texas police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house