Calif. cops canvass streets to curb celebratory gunfire
By Karl Fischer
Contra Costa Times
Sure, Jerry Wooldridge heard the gunfire. Which time?
"Oh, it's a little disconcerting. But it is normal," the 40-year resident said in front of his home in central Richmond. "I hear it every Fourth of July, and every New Year's Eve."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic