Officers discover police headstones, firearms during home search
The man had a collection of police, fire and military headstones allegedly stolen from the cemetery across the street
By PoliceOne Staff
COHASSET, Mass. — Police discovered a collection of stolen police, fire and military headstones and 98 firearms during a home search Friday.
According to the Patriot Ledger, police searched Robert Stoddard’s home after receiving a tip of multiple improperly secured firearms. When they entered the home, they found shotguns, rifles, pistols, military-grade ordnance shells and cases of ammunition spread across the home.
Police Chief William Quigley told the publication Stoddard did not serve in the military, but lives near a former military ammunition depot.
Along with the firearms and ammunition, officials found multiple police, fire and military headstones allegedly stolen from the cemetery across from Stoddard’s home. Authorities are working to identify the families.
- Police Community
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house