Internet goes nuts after Chicago PD posts photo of old-timey gun
Officers discovered the weapon while carrying out a search warrant
By PoliceOne Staff
CHICAGO — Chicago police discovered marijuana and weapons while carrying out a search warrant, and they announced the seizure with a photo on Twitter Wednesday. But what’s garnering attention on social media is not the amount of drugs or guns, but the type of one of the weapons pictured.
Great intel lead to a positive search warrant for the 1063 team in the 10th District. Weapons and drugs recovered. pic.twitter.com/Kq38HxPOap— Chicago Police (@Chicago_Police) April 19, 2017
The photo shows a long barrelled gun that looks like a weapon out of an old Western movie. And Twitter took notice.
“Damn they booked my guy who came all the way from Jumanji,” one user wrote.
While it’s unclear whether Chicago police caught Billy the Kid or not, it seems everyone had a laugh with this tweet.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper