Injured Ill. trooper warns against distracted driving
By Marni Pyke
Chicago Daily Herald
On a scale of one to 10, state Trooper Starlena Wilson described her pain as 100.
Lying in a crumpled heap on the Dan Ryan Expressway after a woman talking on a cellphone plowed into her, she focused on her 8-year-old daughter, Raquael.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman