Officers, deputies honored at police memorial ceremony in Texas community
By Steven Alford
Corpus Christi Caller-Times
City Marshal Elias T. Mussett Jr. was patrolling on horseback in the early hours of May 6, 1892, after a Cinco de Mayo parade.
He had just been elected to another term, beating John Parker, who had threatened his life more than once.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help