Officers, deputies honored at police memorial ceremony in Texas community
By Steven Alford
Corpus Christi Caller-Times
City Marshal Elias T. Mussett Jr. was patrolling on horseback in the early hours of May 6, 1892, after a Cinco de Mayo parade.
He had just been elected to another term, beating John Parker, who had threatened his life more than once.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy