Video: DC Metro police take down man in wheelchair
Man was drinking alcohol outside station, refused to leave
WASHINGTON — A video posted on YouTube shows two Metro Transit police officers forcing a man in a wheelchair to the ground outside a Metro station.
Metro spokesman Steven Taubenkibel says in a statement that the man, whose name has not been released, was drinking alcohol outside the U Street station last Thursday and refused to leave the area and accept a citation. He says the man resisted arrest and fell out of his wheelchair during the resulting scuffle with the officers.
Metro says the man was arrested for assault and drinking in public and was taken to a hospital for minor injuries.
Taubenkibel says Metro Transit Police are looking into the incident.
It was not immediately clear who shot the video.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Use of Force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman