Ex-Ill. officer spared jail time
Judge Thomas Fecarotta cited the unblemished 15-year career of ex-Streamwood cop James Mandarino as he rejected a jail sentence for the former officer
By Dan Rozek
Former Streamwood cop James Mandarino avoided a prison term for the videotaped beating of an unarmed, non-violent motorist after a Cook County judge cited his previously unblemished police career.
"How could I overlook the 15½ years he's put his life on the line for our community?" Judge Thomas Fecarotta said Tuesday as he rejected a jail sentence for the former officer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-Ill. officer spared jail time
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house