Chicago mayor sends cops to the streets
150 police officers added to neighborhood patrols despite budget woes
By David Roeder
CHICAGO — Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Sunday he will move another 150 police officers from desk jobs to neighborhood beats, bringing him closer to fulfilling a campaign promise.
Emanuel had pledged to add 1,000 officers to neighborhood patrols despite budget constraints. The latest transfer of 150 brings the number to 650 officers redeployed during his month in office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago mayor sends cops to the streets
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house